Friday, January 14, 2011

Co-Habitating with a cattle dog?

My Brood rearing

Children from 3 to 3 dogs I have loaded on the truck and 8 hours headed home.  My more young, a Dutch Shepherd is 8 months old and I watched her jump in the back seat of the front seat with dilated eyes and open wide.  With intensity, she began to look intently at cars approaching and with passion, she turned back and their ogled as they disappeared in the distance.

I am a professional dog trainer for more than 20 years, and I knew what was going on in his pea brain.  His instincts of herds have been becoming over stimulated by watching the cars pass.

Living with a dog herds can be a bit of a challenge.  Firstly, I noticed the instinct of herds dysfunction on the day of Thanksgiving that I watched on TV Eukanuba dog show and she began to pace to do what that looked like a dancing rain in my living room.  Firstly, even if it is true that I know better, I thought it was a little funny.  But with time it has further increased control and humour dissipated as I contemplated TV crush on her head as she jumped toward it.

I have 3 dogs of breeding, 2 Belgian Malinois Belgian and my new Dutch Shepherd and two races are known for their enthusiasm and their difficulty to train and manage.  This is why I like them, they represent a challenge for my doggies skills finely softened.

But I think one of the things that distinguishes me as a trainer is that I understand how they think and process information.  For my little girl, precisely named "Fury", it stood in the privacy of his own House when it was invaded by the other dogs.   Not only they come into his house, but they discerned his pleadings to play.  Playfulness then turned to anger, a lack of understanding and total frustration.

It is not as if I had never watched TV programmes related pet until Thanksgiving, but starts at 7 months my pups around type behavior more adult increases probably for several months until it is over a year and a half to two years.

Understanding is the first issue of the company.  Why it's suddenly display behavior naughty?

Firstly, we have been discussing is his age.  It is towards sexual maturity and is accompanied by changes in behaviour.  Even dogs sterilized and neutered has always go through these changes, although to a lesser extent.Second, and perhaps the factor most important, is that I'm fails its exercise and mental needs.  I spent the eve of Thanksgiving and prepare the next day in the morning.  If she had tired, had been satisfied their needs; the chances of her noting television and take care of what is going on would have been much less!Thirdly, it is a dog of herd!  And as she has instincts that have been developed and raised to be improved for my enjoyment of hundreds of years.  As the owner of a dog of herd, I need me familiarize themselves with the characteristics of the category of the dog and his race individually. Herding dogs are known for their strength and ability, even necessary, to work all day

Breeding dogs:

Livestock behavior is modified instincts predator hunt and prey on other animals.  By reproduction selective man was capable of inhibiting the dogs will of the kill while maintaining and controlling the ability to hunt and herd.

Breeding dogs are also known for their ability to guard to protect their herds so their vision and hearing is exemplary, and they are often very noisy.

Because of their beauty, intelligence and size, breeding dogs are often chosen pet family; However, they need to be physically active and mentally challenged to be successful for pets.

Instincts Don't go away, and if their needs are not met they may appear in inappropriate places.  They often can pin their people (including children) heels to "herd".  They can vocalize any Visual change in their environment (someone leaves the toilet seat up instead of his usual position) or all sounds they know.

Sometimes this during stimulation of instinctive behaviour, if not treated, can completely out of control and is becoming increasingly difficult to treat and repair.

I've sometimes seen the dogs who instincts completely dysfunction and can quickly lead to a serious assault.

As the owner of dogs often used in police and secret service field, I also understand with my dogs, capabilities and ability to become more protective both dogs and people they do not know.  Their herd instincts are often directed to bite people on command, so I do understand this power.

Fortunately, because I am a trainer and I know and love dogs husbandry I already started his instincts to use casting and we are often working on obedience.

When it appear like a gopher in the truck and began hunting for cars start mentally giving the "stink eye" too, I could command him fix which inhibits the ability to see outside.  If she could look out the window normally could have this privilege, but as soon as his attitude changed that she lost the privilege and had to adhere to obedience.

I love his instincts to meet my own needs of sculpture and to give added momentum and enthusiasm when we later attend obedience trials.  The important is that I understand it, I know what it has been cultivated and I understand what it wants and what she thinks most of the time.  And, I know when his behavior breaks down, it is probably because I'm not stimulate her mentally and physically that she needs!

You have a breeding dog?  Breeding dogs are natural athletes after you've mastered obedience, try a class of agility or teach your dog to use his instincts in a livestock or class tracking!  But more than just fun together spend quality time!

Your dog may need a class or an outlet for all this energy and intelligence!

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment