Thursday, January 13, 2011

Help prevent and treat Canine obesity

Obesity is No Laughing Matter

Happy new year!  Tradition which dates back to the Colombia - British 153 dictates every 365 days or if you try to kick bad habits and begin their new life!  What kind of resolution did you this year?  It is likely because it's already January 3, most people have already failed in what they wanted to accomplish.

I kicked accustomed to once a year commitments, there are many years each new year, but still me pining for the idea.  The idea is simple and magical. It is monitoring in this way takes determination and desire!

At the dawn of this new year I allows you to account for the impact of obesity on your furry friend.  Obesity is an epidemic not only with humans in our country, but in our pets.  We believe that, to the indulgence is a form of love and that is why we provide not only, but sometimes encourage's indulgence in our animals.

Additional books a burden on virtually all organs of the body not only in ourselves, but our pets.   Overload of bodies often leads to disease and death.  Specifically obesity may lead to the:

Fat diabetes may be dead your DogDamage joints, bones and a decrease in pressure blood ligaments (especially in large dogs) cardiac diseaseIncreased (Yes dogs may also suffer from hypertension) anesthesia liver functionDifficulty breathingDecreased staminaHeat intoleranceIncreased riskDigestive disordersImmune dysfunctionSkin hair and layer problemsIncreased cancerDecreased quality and lifetime risks

I want that my best friend to be around as long as possible.  I want as his life to be full of fun and excitement.  I don't want to administer beatings of insulin or medications that can be avoided or to be shorten her life with every meal and to deal with.  During the indulgence of food has a price, and I am not prepared to pay with my friend lives.

Prevention

Power supply:

A normal healthy dog is always hungry!  This is how the wild dog adapted and survived, but this does not mean that your dog is hungry.  Dogs have different nutritional needs and the amounts of their lifetime.  Active young and dogs working dogs require more calories and protein than couch potatoes and older dogs.Recommendations on the back of the bag of dog food is prepared for an intact male working dog.  Most of us have no dogs that are intact (I hope) and certainly have no active test field, or police dogs.  If we can reduce the amount we use and recommend the bag.Food meals is an another easy way to reduce intake.  Just as we could deliver more if we take the set of tokens bag to snack in front of the TV, because we're bored, your dog probably more indulges if food is excluded throughout the day.

Exercise:

Provide exercise!  Exercise has benefits for the heart and muscles and his mind!

Regulate her weight:

POP in for a veterinarian hello fast and weight verification!  This is a quick and easy way to make less traumatic vet visits and to maintain a healthy weight!

Limit or eliminate the treats:

I think that's treats to my advantage while training, however I adjust meal of my dog at the time of the meal if we had a big day by reducing the amount of food that I give.

Beginning of a weight loss program

If your dog is already more weight, it is time to consider a weight loss program here are the steps, you need to succeed.

Visit your veterinarian:

Certain medical conditions can cause gain weight in dogs, and as with humans doctor should evaluate your dog before starting an exercise regime.  Your veterinarian can help you determine a realistic goal weight and chronology.Normally, we recommend starting by measuring the amount, the dog was currently giving and depression by ¼.  We also recommend giving charges or frozen green beans (not preserved not because there is too much salt) as filler to help your dog to feel full.

Monitor progress:

Make a chart and monitor your success!

I've found often difficult to maintain my own success when it comes to my relationship with food (although I'm proud to announce the I am currently training for a half marathon).  I wish that someone could feed me in small doses and control my access to food!  But I control is what my dog eat and its capacity and access to exercise.  I think of it as a gift, I can give to him and myself, the long life of quality gift spent together!

So here's my challenge you for the new year to come, to choose something simple on living with your dog and change for the better.  Spend more time together, or swear some weight and exercise together!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment